Sultan Muwallil Wasit I parents, children and grandchildren

Sultan Muwallil Wasit I (Pengiran Raja Bongsu Adipati) was the son of Sultan Muhammad Hassan of Brunei (1582-1598) from his "Putri Sulu" wife who is turn was the daughter of Sultan Muhammad al-Halim Buddiman (Pangiran Buddiman).[1]

It is claimed that Sultan Nasirud-Din II (1645-1648) and Sultan Salahud-Din Bakhtiar or Pangiran Baktial (1649/50-1680) were Sultan Muwallil Wasit I sons. [ref]

Of the Sultan Muwallil Wasit I's daughters, one was married to Sultan Qudarat of Maguindanao and another to Datu Balatamay (Baratamay), Rajah of Buayan. [ref]

Among Sultan Muwallil Wasit I grandchildren, Sultan Nurul-Azam (Pangyan Ampay, Sitti Kabila) daughter of Sultan Nasirud-Din II appear to have inherited from his father and reign for half a decade. She appears to be the only female ruler in the Sulu Sultanate [ref]

From his son, Pangiran Bakhtiar, three (3) grandsons succeeded the throne as Sultan Shahabud-Din (1685-1710), Sultan Mustafa Shafi ud-Din (1710-1718) and Sultan Badarud-Din I (1718-1732). [ref]

References:
[1] http://www.royalark.net/Brunei/brunei5.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei's Pengiran Muda Tengah in Tawi-Tawi?

Sultan Muwallil Wasit I